terça-feira, 26 de maio de 2015

infinite jest: sensible front matter

I just opened a book bought in 2013, left as tsundoku, for two years, no less. since the acknowledgement of the Japanese word to describe piles of bought and never read books, an effort is being made by me and a friend to stop this nonsense of nonreading.
infinite jest is the chosen, and no further then the front matter I have read, yet here is the urge to share my awe.
the back of the title page feels personal, as if (I don't know) written by foster wallace himself, with witty additions and remarks to the usual regular disclaimers.
the publisher also has the sensibility to say "paper from well managed and responsible sources" way better than the broad sense and amply misused "sustainable" or "green".

that's how an exciting and good book should start.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário